We Are a Great Place to Work
With nearly 12,000 employees, Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is the region’s largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. It’s also a great place to work because our employees have A Passion for Better Medicine. They take pride in what they do, trust one another and enjoy working alongside skilled health care professionals to continue our mission to heal, comfort and care.
Guided by our PRIDE behaviors (Privacy, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Empathy), our colleagues truly make LVHN a great place to work. When they are at their best, our health network thrives, and we achieve remarkable things. With this in mind, our colleagues recently started a cultural transformation within our health network. It’s called Mission Possible.
Mission Possible started with a simple question. Employees were asked what they need to be at their best. The 10,000 ideas they shared were categorized. In the end, colleagues said they are at their best when they have time, trust and teamwork, and can engage in open and honest communication. They also said they like to be referred to as “colleagues” because of the partnership it communicates.
Today, the health network provides opportunities for colleagues to learn new skills that will help them be at their best. They learn how to reframe – to focus on the positives of a situation instead of dwelling on the negatives. Books and educational sessions give colleagues skills they can use in their professional and personal lives. For example, colleagues learn how to effectively have a difficult conversation with a person when faced with a challenge, and how to build trust between themselves and another person.
Our dedicated and passionate colleagues set us apart from other health care organizations, as does the way they are rewarded for their hard work. We provide:
- Free health insurance to full-time employees – Part-time employees who qualify can purchase coverage. This kind of comprehensive health coverage is rare nationwide.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) to all employees – Depending on length of service, we offer between 112 and 288 hours of PTO per year.
- Culture of Wellness benefit that provides eligible employees and their dependents $700 to use as they see fit for exercise, fitness, weight-loss and wellness programs, massage therapy and more
- Rewards for success – Using a merit-based increase program that rewards personal contribution, employee compensation is tied to the organization’s performance. Our Shared Success Plan pays a cash bonus to eligible employees when patient satisfaction, financial and employee wellness goals are achieved.
- Recognition for achievements – Our annual Star Celebration event recognizes employees' years of services, and our annual Friends of Nursing gala honors clinical services employees who go above and beyond. Our Service Star of the Month awards an employee who exemplifies our PRIDE behaviors. Programs in each department reward and recognize employees for the exceptional work they do on a daily basis.
- Numerous ways to receive and share information – A monthly newsletter, CheckUp, is mailed to each employee’s home. An internal website called Mission Central gives employees timely information and allows them to share stories, ask questions, gain inspiration, celebrate accomplishments and learn more ways to be at their best. Other forms of printed and electronic media also allow the open and continuous flow of information.
- Professional and leadership development – We provide tuition reimbursement and other resources to help employees who choose to go back to college. Programs are available for employees to gain skills and experience to further their career.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.