Breast Health Services
Breast Health Services is an ACR Accredited Center of Excellence. We maintain accreditation in many quality programs:
- Lehigh Valley Health Network's Breast Health Services is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR. This accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. It is awarded only to facilities meeting ACR practice guidelines and technical standards, not only in mammography, but in all ACR breast imaging accreditation programs. This achievement is earned following a successful peer-review evaluation conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists. Image quality, personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs are all assessed through this voluntary-participation accreditation program.
- Breast Health Services is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Earning accreditation from the NAPBC demonstrates that LVHN upholds the NAPBC standards by offering patients a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease, as well as providing patients with comprehensive care encompassing current and leading-edge treatments. To ensure NAPBC standards are being met, an on-site survey is conducted. Once selected for accreditation, centers voluntarily agree to maintain their high level of clinical care and undergo re-certification every three years.
- Breast Health Services at Lehigh Valley Health Network is a certified quality breast center with the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers™ Program (NQMBC™) administered by the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc. NQMBC is a voluntary participation program focused on the tracking and sharing of quality measures, such as patient satisfaction, timeliness of care for imaging, biopsies and surgery, as well as complication rates. The primary focus is on providing each patient with the highest quality of care through shared learning.
As a certified participant, Breast Health Services supplies data for at least 40 percent of the measures it is required to track. The benefit to patients is that with more than 1,000 member organizations tracking similar data in a secure database, the breast centers can compare quality outcomes and seek ways to improve patient care and satisfaction.
Our team includes:
- Dedicated and professional staff
- Mammography-certified technologist
- Board-certified dedicated radiologist
- Oncology-certified nursing staff
- Breast Health Services – 17th Street
- Breast Health Services – Cedar Crest
- Breast Health Services – Muhlenberg