Learn how you can get involved as an LVHN volunteer
Volunteers at Lehigh Valley Health Network are as diverse as the community they serve. They are students, professionals, homemakers and retired men and women. They are special people who share a commitment to others.
You can find many volunteer options. If you enjoy working directly with patients, you might enjoy visiting patient rooms or greeting visitors. If you prefer to work behind the scenes, you might find volunteering in the pharmacy or the business office to your liking.
Volunteers are a valuable asset, enabling the hospital to provide special services and extra care that make a patient’s stay more comfortable and pleasant.
Volunteering offers you the chance to...
- Meet new people
- Develop useful skills
- Do something good for your community
- Obtain some valuable job references
- Explore possible health care careers
Volunteers work in many departments in the health network. The following is a sampling of some of our assignments:
Lobby Ambassador Escorts
- Volunteer services department
- Nursing units
- Pastoral care
Clerical assignments in various departments
- Completed volunteer application
- A personal interview with the director or coordinator of volunteer services
- Two satisfactory references from non-family members; click here for reference form
- Purchase of a volunteer uniform for most service areas ($12 - $15)
- Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) - an annual test must follow
- Completion of a mandatory orientation - orientations are conducted monthly
- A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer)
- Some areas of service will require that a Child Abuse Clearance be completed (the application must be submitted by the prospective volunteer and must be accompanied by a money order for $10.00) This fee will be reimbursed to the volunteer after the clearance is completed.
To apply to be a volunteer, click here
For questions about volunteering, call us at 610-969-2850.