Adult Volunteer Information
To become an LVHN volunteer, you must complete the following steps:
1. Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form.
2. Complete a volunteer application.
College students are accepted year round. If you are applying for a semester session only, please apply and contact the appropriate office at least one month in advance of the start of the semester. College students who are volunteering for a summer session only must apply by March 1 of that year. Spaces are VERY limited and serious committed volunteers only need apply. Please apply early and plan accordingly. Volunteer offices may be contacted at 610-969-2850.
3. Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season).*
4. A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer) and/or Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting, if applicable.*
5. Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.*
Once we have received two references and your application, you will be contacted for an interview. Volunteer applications are active for 90 days.