A Children's Hospital in Your Community
There’s nothing more heartbreaking and confusing for a parent than dealing with a sick or injured child. When it’s your child, the high-quality Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital offers the most wide-ranging, specialized health care services of any facility in the region. It is the area’s only institutional member of the Children’s Hospital Association (CHA), the organization that recognizes children’s hospitals in the United States.
If you want the most comprehensive medical attention for your child close to home that cares for children as children, not small adults, you want Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital.
When former LVHN president and chief executive officer Ronald Swinfard, MD, introduced Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital in May 2012, he said the health network strived to complete a "children’s care checklist" made by the late Forrest Moyer, MD, the Lehigh Valley's father of pediatrics. This is what we offer:
- Pediatric intensive care unit
- Pediatric physicians in more than 30 specialties
- Level IV neonatal intensive care unit
- Level II pediatric trauma center
- The region’s only dedicated Children’s ER open 24/7
- J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
- Children’s Cancer And Multipurpose Infusion Center
- Regional Burn Center verified to care for children
- Pediatric cancer care
- Pediatric surgery and anesthesiology
- Pediatric sleep disorders centers
- Child-life specialists who help children relax and adjust
- Pediatric pharmacists
- 130 affiliated general pediatric practitioners, including 108 pediatricians and 22 advance-practice clinicians
- Clinicians with education and experience in pediatric critical care for transport to and from Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital.
Another pediatric service included within the health network is the outpatient infusion area at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, a service of Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG). Learn about our facilities.
When it comes to caring for sick or injured children, no other medical facility in the region can do it like Lehigh Valley Health Network.