Why Choose Us
Next StepFor questions about pediatric surgery or other ways we care for children, or for a referral to a doctor on our team, 610-402-CARE (2273).
When your child is ill, you want him or her to get the best care in the most convenient way. The affiliated physicians and clinicians with Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital offer comprehensive care for children close to home. Our pediatric physicians are board-certified in 28 clinical specialties such as cancer, cardiology, critical care and trauma, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonology, allergies, radiology, rheumatology, adolescent medicine and more.
Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital launched in 2012 as Children’s Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital. It remains the only children’s hospital in our region. In 2016, we changed the name to Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital. The new name aims to increase awareness by following the brand naming strategy for all of Lehigh Valley Health Network’s hospitals. We want to be sure parents throughout the region know they may not have to travel outside our area to find the right care for their children.
Lehigh Valley Health Network has pediatric specialists who are unique to this region, including:
- Pediatric surgeons who provide surgery for both minor and major conditions
- Affiliated pediatric anesthesiologists with special skills to provide anesthesia to children during surgery
- Pediatric oncologists/hematologists who care for children with leukemia and other children’s cancers and blood disorders
- A pediatric audiology specialist who cares for children with hearing problems
- Pediatric emergency physicians in the region's only Children's ER
- Pediatric radiologists who are specially educated to care for children
Our pediatricians and pediatric specialists have compassion and expertise to care for children. Get to know these seven doctors by watching their videos in Find a Doctor.
Michele Clement, MD
Ranita Kuryan, MD
Philip Monteleone, MD
Pediatric hematology oncology
Adam Paul, DO
Amil Qureshi, DO
Sanjeev Vasishtha, MD
Tibisay Villalobos, MD
Pediatric infectious diseases
Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital offers the highest level of care close to home for many pediatric health needs.
- A Level II pediatric trauma center with the region's highest level of trauma care for children
- Pediatric burn care in a burn center verified by the American Burn Association to care for children
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit to care for babies born prematurely
- The region’s only pediatric intensive care unit to provide the highest level of care for the most severely ill and injured children 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A special rehabilitation program for children, including children who have burns or are recovering at home
- The region’s only child-life program helps children cope emotionally and relax while they are receiving treatment in the hospital. A child-life specialist also provides support and education to families.
- The region's only institutional member of the Children's Hospital Association (formerly the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions), the organization that recognizes children's hospitals in the United States. One of about 250 CHA institutions in the U.S., we have a "hospital within a hospital" facility model with physicians, nurses and support staff specially educated and devotes to meeting the unique needs of children and their families.
- A certified member of the Children’s Oncology Groups (COG), a National Institute Coalition of more than 230 hospitals. This gives our patients access to the latest therapies and clinical trials.
- A designated cystic fibrosis affiliate center of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), the only such program recognized by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Minimally Invasive Techniques Offer New Options in Children’s Surgery
- Recovery from Rare Muscle Disorder Gets Northwestern Lehigh Student Back on the Football Field
- Hypothermia Treatment Gives Easton Newborn Hope and Brings Family Peace of Mind