Depending on your condition, you may have many appointments throughout your journey. The information here will help you know what to expect at your initial appointment.
What to bring
- Insurance card
- List of current medications and any drug allergies
- List of any questions you have related to your health condition
- Photo ID
- Copies of lab reports, X-rays or other tests if you have them
What to expect
- Expect to have a physical examination.
- Ask questions. Your health care provider should fully explain your condition and discuss the pros and cons of the proposed treatments or tests in simple terms. Make sure you understand your condition and your treatment options before you leave the office. Don't be timid or embarrassed; keep asking questions until you understand. Your health may depend on understanding what is being said.