Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest
Family Birth and Newborn Center
Our Allentown campus is the original state-of-the-art birthplace. While your LVHN prenatal care is designed to minimize risk as much as possible, things can sometimes take an unexpected turn. If you have a high-risk or complex pregnancy, you'll have 24-hour access to maternal fetal medicine (MFM) specialists, as well as the region's highest-level neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in case your baby needs more intensive, specialized care.
This campus also offers convenient services and amenities including free valet parking, comfortable seating and sleep accommodations for your birth partner, and educational videos and classes to assist you in your transition home. You can also view your medical records through our secure patient portal, MyLVHN.
We welcome you to take a photo tour of our facilities.
- Breastfeeding support and education after delivery and comprehensive feeding support whether you choose to breast- or formula-feed your baby
- Postpartum and baby care classes and videos before discharge
- Advanced testing, care and expertise for high-risk or complicated pregnancies
- Secure access to your medical records through MyLVHN
- Maternal fetal medicine (MFM) specialists for high-risk pregnancy – on call 24 hours a day
- Perinatal unit for high-risk pregnancies that require specialized care or 24-hour bed rest
- Level IV NICU when your baby needs specialized or intensive care from specially trained physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and physical/occupational therapists
- BabyCam, a live-stream video feed of your baby, for families who are unable to be with their infant in the NICU
- Advanced security for you and your baby
We’re Baby Friendly
Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). The distinction recognizes our commitment to helping mothers who choose to breastfeed attain the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to initiate and sustain breastfeeding for the optimal health and nutrition of their infant.
Located at 1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18103.