Why Choose Us for Women’s Health
Whether you need routine or complex gynecology and obstetrics, or advanced care in any area of women’s health, Lehigh Valley Health Network has caring experts who can help you. You will have access to the most advanced care available, provided in a convenient location close to home.
- Our radiologists exceed the national average for finding breast cancer at its earliest, most curable stage.
- There are a limited number of fellowship-trained urogynecologists and gynecologic oncologists nationwide. We are pleased to say we have these in-demand specialists at Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Eight of our surgeons who specialize in minimally invasive surgical techniques for women’s urologic and gynecologic disorders have also earned COEMIG™ designation. The COEMIG program recognizes their experience in this surgical specialty, their ability to deliver safe and evidence-based care and their commitment to patient education.
- Our cardiologists and other heart care specialists offer the Heart Help for Women program. It informs women about their risk for heart disease, what to do if they feel heart attack symptoms, and how to schedule tests and screenings for heart conditions.
- Our maternal fetal medicine (high-risk pregnancy) specialists are available if you or your baby need special care during pregnancy.
- Our team of highly skilled experts will care for you during and after delivering your baby in our Center for Mother and Baby Care at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
- You will benefit from our lactation consultants and patient/family educators who can guide you in breastfeeding, newborn care and everything you need to know after birth.
- We have physical therapists who specialize in treating female pelvic floor conditions.
- Our leading edge 64-slice CT scanner provides unparalleled three-dimensional images of your body.
- We use tomosynthesis, digital mammography and breast MRI, which provides the highest quality breast images for more accurate diagnosis and a well-informed treatment plan.
- All of our ob/gyn and maternal fetal medicine (MFM) locations are accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), a mark of safe and effective use of medical ultrasound and related testing. In addition, our MFM locations are the only sites in the Lehigh Valley accredited in fetal echocardiography by the AIUM.
- We have a comprehensive cancer risk and genetic assessment program so you can learn about your risk for cancers such as breast, ovarian, uterine, colon-rectal and melanoma.
- Our skilled gynecologists, urogynecologists and gynecologic oncologists offer robotic surgery with the da Vinci® S and Si HD Surgical Systems. By integrating computer-enhanced technology with our surgeons' skill, robotic surgery offers patients the latest in surgical innovation, often with improved patient outcomes when compared to traditional techniques.
- Breast Health Services is recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology’s Commission on Quality and Safety and the Commission on Breast Imaging.
- Lehigh Valley Health Network Women’s Imaging Center in Pottsville, Pa., is accredited for digital mammography by the American College of Radiology.