Thank you to our community members who have shown us support during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We are continuing to accept donations to better equip our team as the COVID-19 surge continues. Para español, haga clic aquí.
This page was last updated on 11/27/2020 at 12:00 PM.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is accepting the donations below. If you would like to donate items that are not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your donation can be accepted.
Supplies, including handmade face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Handmade facemasks – All masks must be two-ply. Visit LVHN.org/facemask for more information, including patterns for cloth face masks (traditional, as well as those intended to help those who need to read lips).
- Face shields – All face shields must be made of one of the following materials: PLA, ABS, PET, PETG, PETT, TPE, TPU, TPC, Nylon or PC.
- Hand sanitizer
- Hospital-grade cleaning supplies and disinfectant
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Lysol and Clorox, including wipes
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Vinyl gloves
- Empty spray bottles – Must be new and hold 3 ounces of liquid or more.
- Two-way baby monitors – These assist COVID-19 clinicians who are caring for patients at the bedside in communicating with their team members outside of patient rooms. Video capability is not required but can be accepted.
Have access to a 3D printer? Make face shield components
If you have access to a 3D printer, you can help by printing headband components to create face shields that protect health care providers. You do not need to provide the clear portion of the shield. To get started, download the approved shield design.
3D-printed headbands are accepted at any LVHN donation drop-off location.
You can also find information about monetary donations on LVHN.org/donate.
- Check – If you would like to make a monetary donation by check, write “COVID-19” in the memo line and mail it to the following address:
LVHN – Office of Philanthropy
P.O. BOX 1883
Allentown, PA 18105
- Cash – Cash donations can be dropped off at the 2024 Lehigh Street, Allentown, Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-3 p.m. Please place in a sealed envelope with “Office of Philanthropy” written on the outside.
- Credit card – Donations can be made securely online to support LVHN by selecting the COVID-19 Emergency Fund button, or to support Lehigh Valley Health Network–Pocono Foundation by selecting COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Blood and Plasma Donation
Blood supplies across the region and country have reached critical levels due to blood drive cancellations. You can help by giving blood and encouraging others to do the same – one donation can save three lives.
Additionally, those who have recovered from COVID-19 may be able to help patients currently fighting the infection by donating their plasma. A recovered COVID-19 patient can donate plasma 28 days after their symptoms have resolved or 14 days if they receive a negative COVID-19 test. All patients interested in donations will have the same screening performed on all blood product donors. To become a convalescent plasma donor, contact the MyLVHN Nurse Line at 888-402-LVHN (5846).
No appointment needed at any site. You are welcome to download this flyer for your drive to a donation site.
- 2024 Lehigh St., Allentown
Donation hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
- LVHN ExpressCARE–Palmer Township
3701 Corriere Road, Easton
Donation hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Friday
- LVHN ExpressCARE–Fogelsville
1431 Nursery St., Fogelsville
Donation hours: 8 a.m.-8p.m., Monday-Friday
- Asbury United Methodist Church
1533 Springhouse Road, Allentown
A donation box is located outside the sanctuary doors in the upper parking lot.
- First Presbyterian Church
3231 Tilghman St, Allentown
A donation box is located outside the church office (follow wayfinding)
- Trinity Episcopal Church
234 Spring Garden St., Easton
Inside donation box available 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday. You can find it inside the church office off Sitgreaves Alley.
Outside donation box available 24/7.
- Arndt’s Lutheran Church
1851 Arndt Road, Easton
Donation box is located on the front porch of the church and available 24/7.
- Central Moravian Church
73 W Church St, Bethlehem
Donation box is located on the bench next to the ADA accessible entrance to the sanctuary
In LVHN’s ongoing effort to maximize safety at all of our facilities, our food donation guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic have been updated effective immediately:
- All donated food must be scheduled through Signup Genius at least two days in advance of donation. Any food donation brought to one of our facilities that hasn’t been scheduled will not be accepted.
- Donated food must be produced in a facility with a commercial kitchen that has a valid food license, such as a restaurant. No homemade foods will be accepted.
- Platter-style foods, raw or cooked, will no longer be accepted. This includes whole pizzas, cheese and vegetable trays, sandwich platters, dessert trays and other similar food donations.
- All donated foods must be individually wrapped, pre-packaged, single-service and grab-n-go.
- Bulk donations of shelf-stable food items remain acceptable. Donors should contact our Volunteer Services department for information about how to donate in bulk at 610-969-2850.
- Mail restaurant gift cards or vouchers to:
Lehigh Valley Health Network
Office of Philanthropy
2100 Mack Blvd., Fourth Floor
Allentown, PA 18103
Please understand we greatly appreciate your overwhelming generosity during these difficult months. As we’ve learned more about how COVID-19 is transmitted, we have come to realize we need to take extra precautions to keep all of our facilities as safe as possible.
Face masks, mask-making supplies and PPE can be mailed to the following address.
- LVHN – COVID-19 Donations
2024 Lehigh St.
Allentown, PA 18103
Tax receipts for donations
If you are dropping off donations in person, you will have the opportunity to fill out the COVID-19 Donations Form at the drop off site. Fill in the contact information portion of the form to have a receipt mailed to you.
If you are mailing your donations or submitting a donation online, LVHN Philanthropy will mail a donation receipt to you as long as a name, mailing address, phone number and email address are clearly provided.
If you have any questions about donations, email email@example.com.