Recaredo T. Berbano Jr., MD
Bariatric Medicine (Obesity Medicine), Endocrinology (Diabetes and Metabolism)
Need help scheduling?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846)
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Accepting New Patients
Lehigh Valley Physician Group
Conditions Dr. Berbano Treats
- Adrenal Gland Disorders
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Endocrine Disease
- Graves' Disease
- Hashimoto's Disease
- Hyperglycemia (Excess Blood Glucose)
- Hyperlipidemia (High Cholestorol)
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)
- Monogenic Diabetes (Mature Onset Diabetes of Youth or MODY)
- New Onset Diabetes After Transplantation (NODAT)
- Paget's Disease
- Testicular Dysfunction
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Disorders in Pregnancy
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
Services Dr. Berbano Offers
- A1C Testing (Diabetes Blood Test)
- Bariatric Medicine (Obesity Medicine)
- Bone Health
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Diabetes Counseling
- Endocrine Testing
- Endocrinology (Diabetes and Metabolism)
- Hormone Testing
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- LGBTQ Patient Support
- Obesity Treatment
- Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Thyroid Nodule Biopsy
- Thyroid Screening
- Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration
- Weight Loss Support
- Weight Loss and Management
About Dr. Berbano
Philosophy of care
I always strive to help you feel better and to improve your quality of life. I spend as much time as possible answering your questions and educating you about your treatment options.
Why I entered medicine
I've always admired my two aunts who were physicians – one of them even practiced at Lehigh Valley several years ago. When my grandfather was diagnosed with diabetes, I knew I wanted to be a physician like my aunts, so I could help people feel better.
Our family supports and donates to the arts in our community.
I loved coaching my kids' in basketball when they were young and was a coach volunteer in their school. I enjoy watching my sons' shows in Philadelphia – both are in theater arts – and enjoy watching my daughter play basketball. As a family, we love traveling as well as going to New York City to watch Broadway shows.
University of Santo Tomas, BS - Biology, 1982
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Med., MD, 1986
Internal Medicine, Metropolitan Hospital Center
Internal Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, St. Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center, New York, NY
American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism