Department of Emergency Medicine Medical Student Rotation Mini Elective
Fourth-year medical students are permitted to complete a two-week or three-week elective in emergency medicine at Lehigh Valley Health Network on a case-by-case basis. In order to set up your elective, you must first contact the residency manager or clerkship coordinator. Please make arrangements well in advance, as availability is quite limited.
- Read the Orientation Handbook.
- Complete eight ED shifts (in two weeks) or 11 ED shifts (in three weeks).
- Attend all scheduled core labs and lectures.
- Complete 10/23 Procedures Consult modules of your choice.
- Log all patients seen, five patient follow-up notes, and all procedures observed, participated in or completed.