The Family Health Pavilion
Our brand-new, four-story, 161,000-square-foot Family Health Pavilion is now open on the south side of the Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Muhlenberg campus. The new pavilion deepens the hospital’s commitment to Growing Strong Families by bringing obstetrics and newborn services to LVH–Muhlenberg for the first time in the hospital’s 54-year history. The pavilion can accommodate about 2,000 births per year.
The new pavilion includes:
- Obstetrics and newborn services on the second and third floors, including:
- A mother-baby unit with 20 private patient rooms
- An admitting-holding nursery for use during the admission process or for procedures
- A Level II NICU with 10 private rooms
- Eight labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- Two operating rooms
- Five obstetrics triage beds
- A three-bay post-anesthesia care unit area
- And a four-bed antepartum unit
- A Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation on the first floor, providing patients a short period of intensive, hospital-based therapy following a serious illness, injury or procedure. It includes:
- 28 private patient rooms, 8 of which include telemetry beds for the monitoring of cardiac and respiratory patients
- A therapy gym featuring cardio equipment, resistance bands and weights
- A kitchen where patients can work on activities of daily living, such as loading a dishwasher or cooking on the stove
- State-of-the-art technical equipment such as the Bioness Vector Gait System, a harness that people who are learning to stand or walk again can use to move around the gym
An activities-of-daily-living suite, which is essentially a one-room apartment where patients can test their ability to live independently prior to discharge.
- Lobby space on the first floor, including a new gift shop, café, a children’s play center, private lactation rooms for breastfeeding mothers, additional rest rooms and an outdoor courtyard.
- Shell space on the fourth floor for future growth.
- Free valet service: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.