Accepting New Patients
This study is being done to understand the decision-making process regarding management choice in low-risk papillary thyroid cancer.
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English Patients who have been diagnosed with LR-PTC as described above
- For Aim 1, adults with recently diagnosed LR-PTC who have not yet made a choice between surgery and AS
- For Aim 2, adults with LR-PTC who made a decision about surgery or AS at least 3 months prior, but no more than 4 years prior to their routine follow-up visit at which they are being recruited for this study.
- Active patients of MSK and participating institutions
- Patients who have been diagnosed with a tumor greater than 2 cm
- Patients with clinically suspicious lymphadenopathy in the neck
- Patients with evidence of gross ETE after a biopsy of the papillary thyroid tumor