Travel medicine is a specialized area of health care focused on the needs of travelers, particularly people who travel to other countries. Specialists in travel medicine know requirements for foreign countries related to vaccinations, health reports, availability of medications, and other health care treatments for diseases and disorders.
If you’re traveling outside of the U.S. – particularly to Africa, Asia or Latin America – talking with a travel medicine specialist as far in advance of your trip as possible can help ensure you are protected. While the U.S. government provides the latest information for the health and safety of U.S. travelers, that information doesn’t replace having a personal relationship with a doctor who is knowledgeable about the needs of people who travel abroad and who can make specific recommendations in the context of your own health history.
Request a Travel Medicine Appointment
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) features specialists in travel medicine and infectious diseases. Their expertise includes knowledge of specific geographical locations and information about health conditions and disease outbreaks in different countries.
LVHN offers the following services and vaccines for all international travel needs:
- Pre-travel health evaluations to determine personal health risks
- Comprehensive and current health information from authoritative sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, regarding health and safety risks for a specific travel destination
- International Certificate of Vaccination documentation for yellow fever vaccinations
- An array of vaccines, including yellow fever, hepatitis A and B, typhoid, tetanus, diphtheria, polio, rabies
- Tuberculosis TB skin test (tuberculin PPD)
- Malaria prophylaxis advice and prescriptions
If you are a patient, get more information about our travel medicine clinic, Keystone Travel Medicine (Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest).
If you are a business looking for travel medicine services for your employees, find a clinic near you to learn how we can serve you:
- HealthWorks–Allentown (Health & Wellness Center at Cedar Crest)
- HealthWorks–Bethlehem (Health & Wellness Center at Muhlenberg)
- HealthWorks–Bethlehem Township (Health Center at Bethlehem Township)
- HealthWorks–Trexlertown (Health Center at Trexlertown)
- LVHN–Schuylkill OccMed Center (Lehigh Valley Hospital–S. Jackson Street)