Don’t put your health on hold
As your health partner, LVHN has taken extraordinary measures to deliver the safest possible care across our entire health network. If you need emergency care for heart attack, stroke or other serious condition, don’t delay. For emergencies, surgeries, walk-in care and checkups, LVHN is the safest place to be.
Safety precautions in LVPG practices
Your safety is our No. 1 priority in our Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) practices. We guarantee same-day appointments, virtually or in person, and have many measures in place to protect you:
- Care team members have their temperature taken at the start of every shift.
- At LVPG practices, we ask you to wait in your vehicle and call the office from the parking lot to let us know you have arrived. You will receive a call when it’s time to come inside for your appointment.
- You must wear a face mask unless you have a medical reason for not being able to do so.
- We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19 when you come into our office.
- Waiting rooms are used sparingly due to social distancing needs caused by COVID-19. We promote social distancing by spacing out seating in waiting areas. If someone brings you to your appointment (one person per patient), he or she can come inside to accompany you for your visit with the provider, wait in the waiting room if space is available, or wait in their vehicle.
- You see our team cleaning and disinfecting all areas to ensure they are ready for you.
- We continue to recommend virtual care options, like telephone visits, E-Visits and video visits for care that does not require an in-person appointment
See the list of reopened LVPG practices
Safe care begins with MyLVHN
Our patient portal, MyLVHN, helps keep you safe by streamlining your doctor visit. Using MyLVHN prior to your appointment, you can fill out questionnaires and do eCheck-In from the convenience and comfort of your home. This limits face-to-face interactions at the registration desk and saves you time. You also can use MyLVHN to have a video visit or E-Visit if you do not need to see a provider in person.
MyLVHN also connects you to your care team, appointment scheduling, your test results and the many services of LVHN. If you do not have a MyLVHN account, our LVPG concierge team will help you set up the account and explain the features. You also can call 888-402-LVHN (5846) for help setting up an account. We want you to feel comfortable with MyLVHN and to understand that this secure portal provides you with many tools that will help you receive safe, personalized health care.
Region’s only COVID-FREE hospitals
At the start of the pandemic, we placed three facilities on lockdown to keep them fully protected from COVID-19. These facilities are now open for elective surgeries. They are stand-alone buildings that have never seen a COVID-19 case. They are physically separated from those that care for COVID-19 patients. That means you can be confident surgeries in these facilities are performed in a uniquely safe environment:
These stringent safety protocols ensure these facilities remain as free as possible from COVID-19 to protect you:
- Health care providers are screened for COVID-19 infection daily and tested for infection regularly.
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 prior to their surgery or procedure and, when warranted, tested for infection.
- Virtual pre-surgery assessments, registration and check-in are done.
- Surgery times are staggered so patients arrive at different times to ensure social distancing.
- The EASE app helps family members at LVHN–Tilghman stay informed about their loved ones while not remaining in the hospital during a surgery or procedure.
- Strict cleaning protocols help ensure operating rooms, patient rooms, equipment and surfaces are COVID-FREE.
Special precautions in LVHN hospitals and facilities
In our hospitals, Family Birth and Newborn Centers and outpatient facilities, we have implemented strict visitation guidelines for your protection and the safety of our caregivers.
The additional precautions LVHN takes include:
- Providing more LVHN Video Visits, E-visits and phone visits to reduce face-to-face encounters and infection risk
- Reducing or eliminating wait and registration times by introducing online check-in
- Revamping waiting rooms to make it easier for patients to practice social distancing
- Screening patients for COVID-19 prior to any appointment, test or procedure
- The wearing of masks by all patients and visitors in all LVHN facilities
- Extensive cleaning of all equipment and surfaces before and after each patient encounter
- Using iPads in our emergency departments at check-in, triage and in patient rooms to minimize unnecessary face-to-face interactions and physical contact
Special Valet Services
We are committed to your safety from the moment you arrive at our hospitals. Valet services are now available at LVH–Cedar Crest, LVH–17th Street, LVH–Muhlenberg, LVH–Hazleton and LVH–Pocono. These safety procedures are in place to protect you:
- Face mask required: All vehicle occupants must wear a face mask when they drive up for valet parking unless they have a medical reason for not being able to do so.
- Airing out vehicle: Drivers are asked to lower their windows when they arrive.
- Required PPE: Our team members wear face masks, eye protection and single-use gloves. Valet attendants change their gloves after driving each vehicle.
- Steering wheel covers: Disposable steering wheel covers are used when moving vehicles.
- Key sterilization: All keys are sterilized with disinfectant.
- Vehicle sanitation: All high-touch areas such as the gear shift, handles and window switches are wiped down with disinfectant before the vehicle is returned to the patient or visitor. A steering wheel tag indicates that a vehicle was sanitized.
- Social distancing markers: There are marks on the ground to remind patients and visitors to remain 6 feet apart when waiting for their vehicle.
- Work area sanitation: Valet attendant work areas are cleaned and documented regularly. This includes podiums, door handles, keyboards, time clocks and desks.
While we are taking many measures to keep you safe, you may prefer to self-park. If you or a loved one choose to self-park and require assistance, our valet attendants will come to your vehicle with a wheelchair to ensure you safely get inside.