Need Immediate Care?
For emergency services, call 911.
For non-emergency walk-in care, try an ExpressCARE location.
Need help scheduling or have a question?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
The OPTIFAST program is a holistic approach to food and eating that helps you lose weight and keep it off. You replace your meals with OPTIFAST meals while working with weight-loss experts to learn about nutrition and diet.
After 26 weeks, people who participate in the program typically lose about 50 pounds and lower their risk of weight-related conditions such as diabetes and high cholesterol.
The weight-loss team at LVHN supports you during the OPTIFAST program.
The OPTIFAST medically supervised weight-loss program at LVHN
We recommend this program for individuals who have a body mass index (BMI) of at least 30kg/m2 and one or more weight-related conditions. Talk to your health care provider to find out if OPTIFAST is right for you.
Features of the OPTIFAST program include:
Backed by research
The OPTIFAST program is a clinically proven medical weight-loss program with a 40-year history of helping people get rid of excess weight and lower their risk for health conditions.
More than 80 publications support the OPTIFAST program and ongoing research continues to prove its effectiveness in helping people with obesity achieve a healthy weight.
The program includes more than meal replacement: It’s a whole-person approach to eating, nutrition and exercise that helps you make healthy lifestyle changes. The program includes:
- Medical monitoring of your health
- Ongoing nutrition education with a registered dietitian
- Behavioral health education with a licensed clinical social worker
- Exercise guidance to help you begin a daily exercise routine
- Online patient support available 24/7
- Full and partial meal replacement options
- Education and guidance for approaching food and eating in a healthy way
In addition to losing about 50 pounds, after 26-weeks in the program, people typically improve their health by decreasing weight-related risks:
- 10 to 15 percent average decrease in blood pressure
- 15 percent average decrease in cholesterol
- Lower blood glucose (blood sugar) levels
OPTIFAST program phases
There are three phases of the OPTIFAST program. Times for the phases are approximate. We customize the plan for your needs:
- Active weight-loss phase (months 1-4): You replace all of your meals with OPTIFAST meal replacement.
- Transition phase (months 4-6): You begin to reintroduce homemade foods to your diet. You also attend classes to help you learn how to approach food in a healthy way.
- Maintenance phase (months 6-24): During this time, you attend classes and support groups to help you maintain your weight loss.