Elementary School Programs
Program Delivery Options
If schools are open to visitors, the team from Weller Health Education will present health education programs to students in the classroom for no fee. The team will wear masks and will follow all required safety protocol.
Weller Health Education staff offer live, virtual health education programs using video conferencing for no fee. This method of program delivery allows the team to reach students in the classroom as well as those working remotely and gives students additional synchronous instruction time.
All Weller Health Education program topics are available in 12-15 minute modules for educators to use with students remotely for no fee. Each lesson includes a "show what you know" worksheet. All video modules can be accessed through our Asynchronous Video Library
Health Education Programs
Click on a program title to learn more.
- Bully Busters
- Puberty and Reproductive Health
- Kids Have Stress Too
- Relationships 101
- Drugs and Your Body
- Dental Detectives
- Kids in Motion
- Nutrition Know-It-All
Through a fun and interactive game, students will practice identifying different types of bullying and will learn strategies to deal with a bully.
- Describe the different types of bullying
- Explain why it’s wrong to tease or bully others
- Describe what to do if someone else is being bullied
A sensitive, science-driven presentation on puberty, the female and male reproductive systems, fetal development and birth.
- Explain changes that happen to the human body during puberty in both males and females
- Define fertilization
- Identify two female reproductive organs and their function
- Identify one male reproductive organ and its function
- Name the male and female reproductive cells
Students learn the difference between stress, anxiety and depression and identify/practice healthy coping skills.
- Explain causes and effects of stress
- Explain positive and negative ways of dealing with stress
- Define anxiety and depression and Identify the symptoms of both
- Explain the dangers of undiagnosed/untreated anxiety and depression
- Practice mindfulness techniques
- Identify resources that students can use when they need help
- Apply strategies to improve or maintain positive mental and emotional health
Students learn the six key elements of establishing healthy relationships, explore respect, values and boundaries, and practice healthy ways to handle conflict.
- Define a relationship
- Identify characteristics of a healthy relationship
- Practice healthy communication skills
- Demonstrate assertive communication and healthy conflict resolution skills
We discuss the ways that drugs can be helpful to the body and ways that they can be harmful to the body. This program is designed to make students aware of the dangers associated with certain drugs before they encounter them at an older age.
- Define the word "drug"
- Understand the effects of certain types of drugs on the body
- Identify the proper use of medicine
- Demonstrate skills for avoiding drugs
Students will “brush-up” on their knowledge of keeping teeth healthy through a fun and engaging game.
- Understand why teeth are important and the difference between baby teeth and adult teeth
- Describe what plaque is and how it can harm your teeth
- Understand what a cavity is and learn how to brush your teeth
- Describe which foods and drinks are and are not nutritious for your teeth
- Understand how often you should visit the dentist each year and why it is important
By getting up and moving, students learn what physical activity is and the different ways they can be physically active on a daily basis.
- Identify and practice different types of physical activities
- Understand the recommended amount of physical activity for children
- Learn the equipment needed for protection in sports (helmets, mouthpieces)
- Practice warm-up activities to help prevent injury during physical activity
Designed like a game show, this interactive program allows students to learn age-appropriate nutrition information while having fun.
- Identify the six key nutrients and the role of nutrients in the body
- Identify proper portion size using the "My Plate" guide
- Learn the adverse health effects of poor nutrition