2 cups liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
One (10-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts,
thawed and quartered
3/4 cup roasted onions (see below)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-inch pie pan lightly with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together egg substitute, parsley, basil, flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle artichokes, onions and sun-dried tomatoes evenly over the bottom of the prepared pie pan.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake until center feels firm, 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a conventional oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place whole unpeeled onions on a baking sheet and bake until they are soft to the touch and lightly browned on the outside, about 30 minutes.
- Cool, then cut off root end and squeeze out the soft interior.
- One onion yields 1 to 1-1/2 cups diced roasted onion, depending on size.
Serving size: 1/4 of one frittata Calories: 128
Fat: 0.27 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 15.5 g Protein: 16.9 g
Sodium: 511.0 mg