Coconut Cream Pie
2 1/2 cups Cheerios® cereal
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup no trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, melted
Filling and Topping
3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
1/2 cup canned light coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping
Toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cereal in food-storage plastic bag; crush finely with rolling pin or meat mallet to make 1 cup (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork.
- Stir in melted vegetable oil spread until well mixed.
- Press in bottom and up sides of 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix milk, coconut milk and vanilla.
- With wire whisk, beat in pudding mix until well blended and slightly thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping.
- Spoon and spread pudding mixture evenly into crust.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.