Crunchy Apple Crisp
4 cup peeled sliced apples
1/4 cup water or apple juice
4 teaspoons brown sugar substitute or firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute or firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon soft vegetable oil margarine
- Combine apples, water, brown sugar substitute, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss lightly to coat apples.
- Layer on bottom of 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Heat oven to 375oF.
- Combine oats, nuts and brown sugar substitute.
- Add margarine; mix well. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional information per serving (1/4 recipe):
158 calories, 24g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 6g fat, 19mg calcium, 40mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 2g dietary fiber
1/2 bread/starch; 1 fruit; 1 fat
Source: Food, Fiber & Fitness, Healthy Eating Recipes from Quaker Oats, Quaker Oats Company, 1987