6 split chicken breasts, skinned, all visible fat removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup dry white table wine
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and green pepper to skillet, and sauté until tender.
- Pour off fat.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.Remove bay leaf before serving.
May be served over rice.
Calories: 232; Protein: 31gm; Carbohydrates: 5gm; Total Fat: 9gm; Saturated Fat: 2gm; Polyunsaturated Fat: 4gm; Monounsaturated Fat: 2gm; Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 77mg; Potassium: 486mg; Calcium: 30mg