6 large whole-wheat flour tortillas or fat-free wraps
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 cup baby greens or green salad leaves, washed and well-drained
1 small carrot, cut in fine julienne or grated
1 ear of corn or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, roasted or grilled
2 tomatoes, sliced very thin
Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- Place beans in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If needed, season with salt and pepper and a touch of cumin.
- Grill chucked corn (approximately 5 minutes on each side) or roast in oven until golden.
- Cut corn off of cob.
- Place tortilla or wrap on a nonstick baking sheet.
- In the center of the wrap, place approximately 2 ounces of bean mixture, baby greens, grated carrot, roasted corn and thinly sliced tomato.
- Fold in sides of wrap and then roll. Place folded side down or wrap tightly.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 wrap
Fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 45 grams
Protein: 11 grams