1 bunch of fresh broccoli rabe
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
- Remove about two inches from the bottom broccoli stalk. Rinse and drain without patting dry. They should be wet when cooked.
- Slice garlic thinly.
- In large skillet, lightly brown garlic in olive oil. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add broccoli and 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cover pot with tight-fitting lid and simmer over medium heat until
tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as side dish or over pasta.