1 cup diced green cabbage
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced peeled baking potato
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup canned ground tomatoes or diced tomatoes diced finer by hand
5 cups vegetable stock, homemade or store-bought
1/2 cup diced zucchini
2 cups shelled soybeans
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, combine cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, potato, tomatoes, bell pepper and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Cover, adjust heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until vegetables are half done, about 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add soybeans and oregano, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.