She needed a hysterectomy. But was worried about a lengthy, painful recovery. So she turned to our robotics team. We recognized her fears. Listened to her point of view. And did everything in our power to get her home to her family fast. Lots of hospitals understand robotic surgery. But Lehigh Valley Health Network is the place that understands Carla.
Expertise, technology and teamwork are reflected in our expanding robotic surgery program. Skilled surgeons offer robotic surgery with three da Vinci® Si HD Surgical Systems. The robot gives our surgeons the ability to perform complex and delicate surgery. The scarring can be minimal, and many patients have less pain after surgery and return back to work within weeks. All of these benefits may lead to a faster recovery with an improved overall patient experience.
Lehigh Valley Health Network has three robotic surgical systems; two at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest and now a third at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg.
The surgeon may use the robot to treat:
- Gynecologic conditions such as endometriosis/adenomyosis, menorrhagia, uterine fibroids and uterine prolapse
- Gynecologic oncology conditions such as cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer and complex benign pelvic surgery including fertility sparing procedures
- Urologic conditions such as bladder cancer, kidney cancer, kidney disorders and prostate cancer
- Urogynecologic conditions such as vaginal prolapse, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary/bowel incontinence or urogenital fistula
- Thoracic conditions such as lung cancer, esophageal cancer and mediastinal tumors
- Colon and rectal cancers and noncancerous conditions such as rectal prolapse, diverticulitis and inflammatory bowel disease
- Bariatric surgical procedures such as sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y surgery
- General surgical procedures such as gall bladder and nissen surgery
Did you know? We have completed more than 2,000 robotic surgeries since 2009.
By integrating computer-enhanced technology with our surgeons’ skill, Lehigh Valley Health Network offers patients the latest in surgical innovation.
To find out if you or your patient is a candidate for robotic surgery, please contact Lehigh Valley Health Network at 877-942-6629 or
As a result, patient benefits can include:
- Smaller incisions
- Less pain, scarring and recovery time
- Shorter hospital stay
- Spared fertility
- Lower risk for infection
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Quicker return to normal activities
Read inspiring stories about our patients and find out why they’re glad they chose Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Robotic Surgery Gets Macungie Umpire Back in the Game
- Breinigsville Man Finds Support, Hope on His Prostate Cancer Journey
- Robotic Surgery Gets High School Student Back in the Race
- Robotic Surgery Helps New Jersey Man Breathe Easier
- Robotic Surgery Spares New Mother's Fertility
- Robotic Surgery Treated Her Cervical Cancer, Preserved Fertility