Our house is located at 1260 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, Pa. 18105. We are on the campus of Lehigh Valley Hospital—Cedar Crest in Allentown, directly off I-78 (Route 309) at Exit 55 (Cedar Crest Boulevard). You'll find us at the rear (south side) of the campus, on a wooded lot across from the hospital's emergency department.
We are a member of the National Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses (NAHHH), a nationwide network of more than 200 nonprofit, family lodging facilities that offer warm, caring support to more than a quarter of a million people each year.
Everything in our house is designed to help make a stressful time in your life a little easier. And because you’ll be staying with other families facing similar circumstances, you’ll quickly discover you are not alone.
We are located in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the hospital, with a walking path and several pieces of contemporary outdoor art just steps away. Our Allentown location puts us close to a variety of convenient dining and shopping options, as well as services such as dry cleaners, banks and gas stations.
Front desk hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Our amenities include:
- 20 smoke-free, private rooms (one or two beds), including eight ADA rooms on the first floor
- All rooms include private bath, safe, TV and mini-fridge
- Kitchenette (microwaves, refrigerators and vending machine)
- Laundry facilities
- Great Room for relaxing and meeting other guests
- Children’s playroom
- Outdoor patio
- Free Wi-Fi service available
- Public computer and printer
- Free, on-site parking
- Use of hospital’s LVHN Fitness
Reservations and rates
Because many families wish to stay with us, our typical occupancy limit is one room per family, with a maxiumum of two adults and children. Our check-in hours are 2 to 5 p.m. Alternate check-in times may be arranged depending upon availability. Our nightly rate is $45 per room. We accept cash, check or major credit card. To make a reservation, please call 610-402-9500.
If we do not have a room available, you have options:
- You can request to be on our waiting list.
- You may contact a nearby hospitality house, Jenn’s House, which has locations in Emmaus (610-965-1777) and Fountain Hill (610-625-5888). The Fountain Hill house serves patients and families of nearby Lehigh Valley Hospital—Muhlenberg.
- You can stay at one of the nearby hotels that offer discounts to our patients and families.
Our house was made possible through the generosity of Willard and Lillian Patz Hackerman and their families. The Hackermans established the first Hackerman-Patz family lodging facility in 1986 – at Baltimore’s Johns Hopkins Hospital – so families could spend less time traveling and more time visiting their hospitalized loved ones. They later established several similar lodging facilities at other locations in the Baltimore area.
As president and CEO of Baltimore’s Whiting-Turner Contracting – which has managed several construction projects at Lehigh Valley Health Network – Willard came to admire the health network’s mission and staff. He was so impressed, he and Lillian chose Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest to be the site of the first Hackerman-Patz house outside of Maryland.
“It’s our pleasure to do this because I happen to love Lehigh Valley Health Network," Hackerman says. "We know the families who stay at the house will get all the support they need because this is the warmest, most welcoming hospital I’ve ever seen. It truly is unique."