A national leader in heart care. Right here.
Don’t Ignore Chest Pain
Chest pain could be the sign of something serious. Go to Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono, the only hospital in Monroe County that doesn’t automatically transfer people with high-risk complex heart attacks out of the region. Here’s why.
- A team equipped for open heart surgery
- Capability to treat high-risk, complex heart attacks, 24/7
- Specialized care for complicated heart conditions
- An updated emergency room to enhance patient experience
- A care team from Lehigh Valley Heart Institute, the region’s heart care leader
About the ESSA Heart and Vascular Center
- The region’s first 24/7 cardiac catheterization lab
- The only hospital offering cardiothoracic and vascular surgery in Monroe County
- Dedicated heart surgery team that includes three cardiothoracic surgeons, three physician assistants, a dedicated cardiac anesthesiologist and an exceptional staff of specialized nurses and operating room personnel
- A specially equipped electrophysiology lab to treat and manage abnormal heart rhythms
- A comprehensive heart failure program
- Advanced wound-care services, including hyperbaric chamber treatment
- 12-lead electrocardiogram (EKG) transmission from emergency medical services to Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono while patient is en route to hospital
You don’t take chances with a heart condition. You head straight for the best possible care. Maybe that’s why more than twice as many heart patients choose Lehigh Valley Health Network for heart care over other hospitals in the region. After all, the Lehigh Valley Heart Institute is first in leading-edge care and groundbreaking research and has more specialists with training from the nation’s top heart programs. It’s the kind of superior clinical success you only find at the top medical centers in the country. And it’s all right here for you at Monroe County’s only full-service hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono.
Take comfort in the unrivaled expertise of Lehigh Valley Heart Institute at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono.