To become an LVHN volunteer, complete these steps:
- Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form.
- Complete a volunteer application.
Limited volunteering opportunities are safely removed from the patient environment and for adults ages 18 and older. Volunteers age 65 and above must have had all necessary doses of a COVID-19 vaccine AND have completed the waiting period to ensure the maximum immunity. Volunteers must always wear a mask (e.g., cloth) over the nose and mouth. Volunteers will serve in limited areas which have been deemed low risk.
- Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a regular annual flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season).*
- A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer) and/or Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting, if applicable.*
- Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.*
Volunteer applications are active for 60 days. For questions about volunteering, call us at 610-969-2850.
College students are accepted year-round. Learn how to apply as a College Volunteer.
Please call 610-402-6054 for more information and additional requirement information.
As a volunteer, you will receive credit toward lunch in the cafeteria before or after your volunteer shift.
We offer free parking to volunteers at LVHN locations.
Volunteers are offered a free membership at our state-of-the-art LVHN Fitness locations.
Volunteers benefit from self-worth, pride and achievement in knowing they have improved the lives of others and made a difference in the community. The rewards are far-reaching: Volunteers meet new people, grow their skill set and gain considerable experience.