To become an LVHN volunteer, complete these steps:
- Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form.
- Complete a volunteer application.
Limited volunteering opportunities are safely removed from the patient environment and for adults ages 18-64. All volunteers must be able to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times to be considered.
- Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a regular annual flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season).*
- A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer) and/or Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting, if applicable.*
- Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.*
Volunteer applications are active for 60 days. For questions about volunteering, call us at 610-969-2850.
College students are accepted year-round. Learn how to apply as a College Volunteer.
Please call 610-402-6054 for more information and additional requirement information.
As a volunteer, you will receive credit toward lunch in the cafeteria before or after your volunteer shift.
We offer free parking to volunteers at LVHN locations.
Volunteers are offered a free membership at our state-of-the-art LVHN Fitness locations.
Volunteers benefit from self-worth, pride and achievement in knowing they have improved the lives of others and made a difference in the community. The rewards are far-reaching: Volunteers meet new people, grow their skill set and gain considerable experience.