To become an LVHN volunteer, you must complete the following steps:
- Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season).*
- A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer) and/or Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting, if applicable.*
- Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.*
Volunteer applications are active for 60 days. For questions about volunteering, call us at 610-969-2850.
College students are accepted year round. Learn how to apply as a College Volunteer.
Please call 610-402-6054 for more information and additional requirement information.
As a volunteer, you will receive credit towards lunch in the cafeteria before or after your volunteer shift.
We offer free parking to volunteers at LVHN locations.
Volunteers are offered a 50 percent membership discount at our state-of-the-art LVHN Fitness locations.
The intangible benefits of volunteering are numerous. Volunteers benefit from an improved sense of self-worth, brought about by the pride in knowing they have improved the lives of others. A sense of achievement and the fulfillment of making a difference in the community is invaluable and the rewards are far-reaching. Volunteers benefit from meeting new people, growing their skill set and gaining considerable experience.