To become an LVHN volunteer, you must complete the following steps:
- Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season).*
- A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer) and/or Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting, if applicable.*
- Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.*
Once we have received two references and your application, you will be contacted for an interview. Volunteer applications are active for 90 days. For questions about volunteering, call us at 610-969-2850.
College students are accepted year round. Learn how to apply as a College Volunteer.
Please call 610-402-6054 for more information and additional requirement information.
As a volunteer, you will receive credit towards lunch in the cafeteria before or after your volunteer shift.
We offer free parking to volunteers at LVHN locations.
Volunteers are offered a 50 percent membership discount at our state-of-the-art LVHN Fitness locations.
LVHN Recreation Committee offers discounts to various sporting events as well as to businesses in the automotive, entertainment, hotel & resort, restaurants, and retail industries.
The intangible benefits of volunteering are numerous. Volunteers benefit from an improved sense of self-worth, brought about by the pride in knowing they have improved the lives of others. A sense of achievement and the fulfillment of making a difference in the community is invaluable and the rewards are far-reaching. Volunteers benefit from meeting new people, growing their skill set and gaining considerable experience.