As your health partner, we know that your care needs to be convenient. That’s why we offer ExpressCARE Video Visits to our patients, age 18 and older, or Children's ExpressCARE Video Visits for children ages 17 years and younger. You can also schedule video visits with your preferred LVPG provider or specialist.
You will connect with one of our expert providers using the MyLVHN app that you have downloaded to your video-enabled and internet-connected mobile phone or smart device. This means you can access care from virtually anywhere – your home, your office or even another city in Pennsylvania. We recommend being in a private space, so you can freely discuss your concern with the provider.
ExpressCARE Video Visits treat minor illnesses
Our local medical professionals can use telemedicine to treat minor illnesses like skin concerns or:
- COVID-19 symptoms – ExpressCARE Video Visits are different than COVID-19 Screenings. Learn more about COVID-19 screenings.
- Cough, cold or flu
- Ear pain
- Muscle and bone pain
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Seasonal allergies
- Sore throat
- Urinary problems
Convenient online doctor visits for skin concerns
Count on ExpressCARE Video Visits to provide the right skin-related diagnosis and treatment, right from your device. We diagnose concerns, such as:
- Animal bites
- Cold sores
- Insect bites
ExpressCARE Video Visits even work for muscle- or bone-related pain
You no longer need to have a physical exam to know what is causing pain. Our expert providers can diagnose a range of musculoskeletal concerns including:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
If your symptoms are not listed above or you need to speak with your LVPG provider, no problem. You can call your preferred provider or specialist to request an appointment. They can determine if a video visit or an in-person appointment is needed.
How do ExpressCARE Video Visits work?
Please be aware that due to legal reasons our providers cannot consult with you if you are outside of Pennsylvania.
When the LVHN provider appears for the appointment, introduce yourself and your health concern. Make the provider aware of anyone else who is in the room with you.
Your provider will end the visit when your needs have been met. The ExpressCARE Video Visit will be noted in your electronic medical record to ensure continuity of care and appropriate follow-up, when needed, by your primary care provider.
You need a MyLVHN account to use the Video Visit service. If you don’t have one, create an account at MyLVHN.org. You also need the MyLVHN app downloaded to your mobile phone or smart device. The MyLVHN app is available for free from Apple App Store or Google Play.
4 Tips for a Successful ExpressCARE Video Visit
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Find a room that is quiet and free of distractions, if possible. We get it – you are at home, so if we see your kids or your pets, that’s OK.
- Have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Log in to your MyLVHN account five to 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Have tools available. You’ll need a thermometer to check your temperature, the name of your pharmacy and a scale to check your weight.
- Ask questions. Once your provider joins, don’t hesitate to ask questions. This will be like every other visit – the only difference is proximity. After your ExpressCARE Video Visit, you will receive a call from our LVPG team if the provider ordered labs, testing or a follow-up visit.
We look forward to seeing you for your scheduled visit.