This page was last updated on 9/18/2023 at 2:14 PM.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available at LVPG primary care offices
At LVHN, monovalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses are available for individuals ages 6 months and older.
Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) primary care (internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics) practices are offering these vaccines during specific vaccination appointments or as part of yearly physical or sick/problem visits (as long as the patient is not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19).
How to schedule a vaccine appointment
- Log in to MyLVHN, the network’s patient portal, and select the “Schedule Vaccine Appointment” option.
- Call your LVPG primary care physician’s office to make an appointment.
LVHN offers monovalent Pfizer-BioNTech shots, which have been authorized by the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to all individuals ages 6 months and older. We also offer additional Pfizer-BioNTech shots for people who are moderately or severely immunocompromised.
The CDC recommends the following if it’s been at least two months since you received the older, bivalent COVID vaccine:
- Those 5 and older should receive one dose of the 2023-24 mRNA COVID vaccine.
- Children ages 6 months through 4 years will need one dose if previously vaccinated. Those with no prior COVID vaccination will receive a series of two (Moderna) or three (Pfizer-BioNTech) doses.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised should discuss vaccination strategies with their doctor. The number of doses recommended will depend on prior vaccination status and age.