Rehabilitation services professionals, including physical therapists, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists, evaluate, plan, direct and administer therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. 

Experienced rehabilitation services job opportunities

For those rehabilitation services professionals, such as physical therapy assistants (PTAs) or certified occupational therapy assistants (COTAs) with at least one year of experience, you are ready to start your journey at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN). 

Learn more and apply

Grow a respiratory career with LVHN

Curious on what your future could look like in rehabilitation services? Follow the career path at LVHN: 

Rehabilitation partner/rehabilitation support technician

When you have one year of patient care or customer service experience, you can work as a rehabilitation partner or rehabilitation support technician. In this role, you support patients alongside members of the care team. You care for your patients’ well-being under the direction of a licensed clinician. After you complete an associate degree in occupational therapy or physical therapy, you are qualified to become a physical therapy assistant or certified occupational therapy assistant.

Physical therapy assistant or certified occupational therapy assistant

PTAs provide a variety of physical therapy techniques as they carry out a patient’s care plan, including therapeutic exercise, functional training, deep soft-tissue massage and physical modalities such as electrotherapy and ultrasound. PTAs may also assist the physical therapist by working with individuals to prevent loss of mobility by implementing fitness and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.

COTAs work under the direction of an occupational therapist to guide patients’ activities and exercises, often using specialized equipment, to help them achieve or recover their full, independent and healthy lifestyles after injury or disability. While an occupational therapist may diagnose and prescribe certain treatments, COTAs are mostly responsible for directly working with the patient to achieve the treatment goals.

Rehabilitation services professional

Take advantage of LVHN’s tuition reimbursement program, scholarships and education discounts to become a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech-language pathologist. You will receive personalized support from LVHN’s academic career consultant as you pursue education to advance your career. Working as a physical therapist, speech-language pathologist or occupational therapist requires a bachelor’s degree at minimum, but preferably a master’s or doctorate degree. Rehabilitation services professionals evaluate, plan, direct and administer therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.

Get started