- More Information
Erectile dysfunction, also called sexual dysfunction, refers to a set of symptoms that make sexual intercourse difficult or impossible. ED commonly affects a man’s ability to get or keep an erection, as well as his levels of sexual desire.
At LVHN, our care team includes dedicated men’s health urology specialists who are well-versed in ED diagnosis and the latest treatments. You’ll benefit from our “centers of excellence” approach to care, which speeds your access to the best treatments for you. Envision a life beyond ED barriers. We can help you get there.
Erectile dysfunction diagnosis
It’s common for men with ED to also have vascular medical issues, such as diabetes, that affect sexual health. We work closely with specialists across our network to ensure we address any potential health issues that may pose a risk to you. This care approach leads to more effective ED diagnosis and treatment while optimizing your overall health.
Erectile dysfunction treatments
At LVHN, you can access a full range of the latest erectile dysfunction treatments, including:
- Medication: Prescription medications for men with erectile dysfunction work by relaxing smooth muscle tissue in the penis to allow better blood flow. Your provider can help you determine which medication might work best for you.
- Vacuum devices: A vacuum pump is placed over the penis and draws blood flow to create an erection. It offers a noninvasive solution for men who prefer to avoid surgical treatments.
- Injections: During penile self-injections, a man uses a fine needle to inject medication into the base of his penis shortly before sexual activity. This medication increases blood flow to the penis and causes an erection.
- Hormone replacement: Testosterone replacement therapy may heighten sexual interest in men who have low levels of testosterone.
- Penile implant surgery: When other treatments haven’t provided the results you seek, surgery may effectively address an underlying cause of erectile dysfunction. Our team includes several urologic surgeons who are highly skilled in robotic and minimally invasive techniques that can safely and effectively treat men with ED. We perform all three types of penile implants available today.
Make an Appointment
Get on the calendar in just a minute or two. Yes, it really is that easy.Request an appointment