- Financial Services
- Assistance for People With Cancer
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), financial counselors are available for free to help minimize the confusion and stress that can be caused by the financial concerns associated with a cancer diagnosis.
A financial counselor will work with you to answer questions about your health insurance, precertification requirements, medical bills and financial assistance. Here are some of the ways a financial coordinator will help:
- Answer billing and insurance questions
- Estimate your out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Locate possible co-pay relief programs and patient assistance funding
- Investigate programs for which you may qualify, if you need help
- Explain what your health insurance covers
- Explain how you may be able to get secondary insurance to pay for things your primary insurance does not
- Refer you to professionals who can determine if you qualify for Health Choices or medical assistance as either your primary or secondary insurance
- Help you apply for our financial assistance program
- Coordinate with your physician’s office to appeal an insurance company denial
- Help you learn about drug company programs that provide free medicines to qualifying individuals
- Help you get discounts that reduce the cost of prescriptions
- Explain Pennsylvania’s prescription drug program for low-income seniors
Financial coordinators are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 610-402-8377.