At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), financial counselors are available for free to help minimize the confusion and stress that can be caused by the financial concerns associated with a cancer diagnosis.
A financial counselor will work with you to answer questions about your health insurance, precertification requirements, medical bills and financial assistance. Here are some of the ways a financial coordinator will help:
- Answer billing and insurance questions
- Estimate your out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Locate possible co-pay relief programs and patient assistance funding
- Investigate programs for which you may qualify, if you need help
- Explain what your health insurance covers
- Explain how you may be able to get secondary insurance to pay for things your primary insurance does not
- Refer you to professionals who can determine if you qualify for Health Choices or medical assistance as either your primary or secondary insurance
- Help you apply for our financial assistance program
- Coordinate with your physician’s office to appeal an insurance company denial
- Help you learn about drug company programs that provide free medicines to qualifying individuals
- Help you get discounts that reduce the cost of prescriptions
- Explain Pennsylvania’s prescription drug program for low-income seniors
Financial coordinators are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 610-402-8377.