Outdoor activities like walking, hiking, cycling and paddling are fun and good for your health as well!
Physical benefits of outdoor exercise
- Improves your immune system.
- Reduces your risk for a variety of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Helps you lose weight and protects against weight gain.
- Reduces the risk for childhood obesity and "nature deficit" disorder.
Mental health benefits of outdoor exercise
- Boosts your mood and self-esteem.
- Reduces stress.
- Reduces your risk for depression.
Get Out for Wellness
Lehigh Valley Health Network and Wildlands Conservancy partnered to develop Get Out for Wellness to promote a healthier community. This partnership was a natural fit:
- Get Out for Wellness supports Lehigh Valley Health Network's mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Outdoor activity can help you live a healthier life.
- Through Get Out for Wellness, Wildlands Conservancy can introduce and connect more community members to the land, water, ecological and recreational resources available in the Lehigh Valley and the Lehigh River valley.
Stamp your Ticket to Wellness
Pick up your Get Out for Wellness Passport at any of these events and have it stamped. If you attend 10 or more of the year's 20 events, you'll receive a gift. You'll also be eligible to win a special prize at the end of the year.