How can I check the status of my medical record request?
LVHN uses MRO, a vendor, to release medical records. Please call MRO directly at 610-994-7500 to check the status of your request.
How can requesters obtain copies of medical records?
Providers: Please fax the request on letterhead with the patient name, date of birth, and what you’re looking for.
All other requesters: Please complete a Consent for Release of Protected Health Information form. Then, fax or email the form to the fax number or address listed on the form.
Where do I send a completed Consent for Release of Protected Health Information form?
Please send a completed form to the specific location from which you are requesting records.
- LVH–Cedar Crest, LVH–17th Street and LVH–Muhlenberg: PO Box 689, Allentown, PA 18103
- LVH–Hazleton: 700 E. Broad St., Hazleton, PA 18201
- LVH–Schuylkill E. Norwegian Street and LVH–Schuylkill S. Jackson Street: 700 E. Norwegian St., Pottsville, PA 17901
- LVH–Pocono: E. Brown St., East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
How can I obtain copies of radiology images?
Please contact the radiology department at your specific location of care.
Who is authorized to sign for release of protected health information?
Persons authorized to receive medical records include:
The following individuals are defined as legally authorized representatives:
- A parent or legal guardian of a minor unless:
- Minor (age 14-17) receiving psychiatric, alcohol or drug treatment services must consent to release their own records
- Emancipated minor
- Any minor who has been married or has given birth may give effective consent to medical, dental and health services for his or her child
- A legal guardian of a patient who has been judged incompetent to manage his personal affairs by a court
- An agent of the patient under a durable power of attorney for health care
- An attorney or guardian ad litem appointed for the patient by a court
- An executor of the estate, or in the absence of an executor, the patient’s next of kin of a deceased patient
- Commissioner of Health in the event that a deceased person has neither an authorized representative or next of kind
- An attorney retained by the patient or by the patient’s legally authorized representative
Is there a cost to obtain a copy of medical records?
Yes. Copying fees are regulated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. For information on these guidelines, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.
Can I review my medical record?
Yes. Please call to schedule an appointment:
- LVH–Cedar Crest, LVH–17th Street and LVH–Muhlenberg: 610-402-8307
- LVH–Hazleton: 570-501-4131
- LVH–Schuylkill E. Norwegian Street and LVH–Schuylkill S. Jackson Street: 570-621-4150
- LVH–Pocono: 570-476-3388
How can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
Copies are only issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of Vital Records. Learn more on their website.
How can patients’ families obtain a copy of the death certificate?
Families should work with their funeral director or contact the Pennsylvania Department of Health for copies of death certificates.