Our Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) is part of a network of more than 130 HTCs in the United States. Eighty-five percent of persons with hemophilia in the U.S. receive care through a hemophilia treatment center, and studies have shown that enrollment in comprehensive care decreases mortality by 40 percent in males with hemophilia.
If you have hemophilia – or related bleeding conditions such as Factor VIII, Factor IX deficiencies or Von Willebrand disease – you may benefit from Lehigh Valley Health Network’s comprehensive approach to hemophilia care.
Hemophilia Treatment Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg is part of a national network of more than 130 HTCs. Our center receives support and funding from the Maternal and Child Health Bureau of the Health Resources and Services Administration, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Pennsylvania Department of Health. Through this support you have access to medical expertise from organizations such as the CDC, the American Hemostasis and Thrombosis Network, and the National Hemophilia Foundation.
Our HTC follows a comprehensive care model comprised of the following components: diagnostic testing, multidisciplinary members, comprehensive evaluation by our team members, prevention-focused care, coordination with providers within and outside the network, education, and outreach to our underserved population. It also helps patients and their families connect with appropriate hematologic, genetic and other medical expertise and information. We provide this high-quality care in a family-centered environment.
Patient appointments can be made by contacting the Hemophilia Treatment Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg at 484-884-2080. We provide care to both pediatric and adult patients.
What to bring:
- New patient paperwork – This is a packet of information you will receive after scheduling your first appointment. It will include a patient information sheet and health questionnaire.
- Your insurance card
- List of current medications (including over-the-counter medications and supplements)
- List of drug allergies (if any)
- Appropriate medical records
What to expect:
- The Hemophilia Treatment Center is located on the third floor of Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg. Please use the purple elevator across from the hospital chapel.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Valet parking is available to all patients, free of charge.
- When you arrive, a secretary will register you and will collect all of the information you have been instructed to bring.