Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg
Family Birth and Newborn Center
Imagine a birthing facility designed with input from other parents like you. We did just that and created a new birthing experience in Bethlehem. When you choose to deliver at our Family Birth and Newborn Center at Muhlenberg, you’ll get a higher level of personal attention and exceptional clinical care for a uniquely memorable birth experience. It’s the perfect blend of medical excellence and special amenities – the big things and the little touches that help you feel right at home.
For example, the internet-ready campus offers full Wi-Fi access to give you more flexibility to shape your ideal birth experience. Private rooms offer comfortable seating and sleeping for your support partner. You may also follow your medical care through our secure MyLVHN portal available on your in-room iPad. And there’s so much more:
- Comfort measures during labor and delivery including hydrotherapy, birthing balls and more
- Breastfeeding support and education after delivery and comprehensive feeding support whether you choose to breast- or formula-feed your baby
- Postpartum and baby-care classes and videos before discharge
- Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for premature babies born between 32-35 weeks gestational age
- BabyCam, a live-stream video feed of your baby, for families unable to be with their infant in the NICU
- Maternal fetal medicine (MFM) specialists for high-risk pregnancy – on call 24 hours a day
- Secure access to your medical records through MyLVHN
- Seamless transportation and admission to LVH–Cedar Crest should your family require higher level care for babies born before 32 weeks gestation, or other complex care needs
- Advanced security for you and your baby
We welcome you to take a photo tour of our facilities.
Located inside the Family Health Pavilion at LVH–Muhlenberg at 2545 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18017.