End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Provide safe, evidence-based, patient-centered care to patients, families and groups in health care and community settings.
- Integrate caring and compassionate behaviors with evidence-based practice to assist patients to move toward optimal health.
- Implement a plan of care that considers the patient as a full partner in the provision of care that respects the patient’s preferences, values and needs.
- Employ effective communication techniques when interacting with a diverse patient population, families and groups in health care and community settings.
- Collaborate with members of the interprofessional health care team to provide safe, quality patient care.
- Implement nursing interventions to promote, maintain and restore health.
- Engage in the critical-thinking process by using the best evidence to provide safe health care.
- Implement patient education and health screening activities that promote wellness in the community.
- Plan to engage in lifelong learning to enhance professional practice.
Leadership and Management
- Coordinate resources and nursing informatics to monitor outcomes of care for patients, families and the community.
- Develop plans that improve the quality and safety of care based on evaluation of outcomes.
- Utilize theories, principles and concepts of leadership and management in nursing practice.
- Practice within the legal, ethical and professional standards of nursing
- Evaluate self for personal and professional growth.
- Actively participate in the evaluation of the curriculum.