These instructions will walk you through scheduling an appointment, testing your device prior to the visit, and starting your visit.
Note: If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Download printable instructions (PDF) or jump to:
Schedule your video visit
To prepare for your video visit, you will need:
- An active MyLVHN account*
- A smart phone, tablet or computer
- A headset or earphones, if available. This makes it easier to hear your provider and may improve the audio quality
Connecting through smartphone or tablet:
It's recommended that you use the MyLVHN mobile app to join a video visit from your smartphone or tablet.
The screens below reflect a patient scheduling via MyLVHN app. You can also schedule the appointment on a device with a larger screen, such as a laptop. However, to have your video visit appointment, you must use the MyLVHN app on a smart device, such as a video-capable smart phone or other video-capable smart device.
Scheduling an ExpressCARE Video Visit – From MyLVHN App for mobile device
1. Launch the MyLVHN app from your smart device and log into your account. Tap on the menu, then select "Schedule ExpressCARE Video Visit.”
2. Confirm your location. You must be in Pennsylvania to utilize video visits with LVHN.
3. Select the reason for the video visit and tap “Continue.”
Note: If this is an emergency, please call 911.
4. It is recommended to test your device’s sound, camera and microphone to ensure your visit goes smoothly. Once you’ve ensured your device is working properly, tap “Okay.”
5. Select “Put me in line” to wait for the next available physician.
6. Enter the concern you would like addressed during your visit. Press “Schedule” when done.
7. You have now scheduled your video visit appointment.
Scheduling an ExpressCARE Video Visit – From MyLVHN.org desktop version
- Log-in to MyLVHN.org from your desktop or laptop computer.
- On the MyLVHN screen, hover cursor over “Visits” icon at top of screen, and then select Schedule an Appointment. (Or scroll to bottom of page to Quick Links and select “Schedule an appointment or video visit.”)
- Under “Tell us why you’re coming in,” select LVHN Video Visit
- Answer all required questions on page. Select “Continue.”
- Read Terms and Conditions. Click “Continue” when complete.
- Select a date and time for your MyLVHN Video Visit appointment.
- Answer required question: What is the most important thing you want addressed during this visit?
- Select “Schedule” to make video visit appointment.
Note: While you can schedule an ExpressCARE Video Visit through the desktop version of our website (MyLVHN.org), in order to have a video visit, you will need to use the MyLVHN app on your mobile device.
Prior to the start of your ExpressCARE Video Visit, use the eCheck-In feature (described next) to check yourself into the appointment.
- Launch the MyLVHN app from your smart device and log into your account. Then tap on “Visits.”
- Find your video visit appointment, and click on “eCheck-In.”
- Verify the information that is displayed. If you need to make changes, click “Edit.” If the information is correct, click “This information is correct.” Once you press “This information is correct,” the button will turn green and read “Next." Using the directions in this step, complete the eCheck-In process.
- After you complete the last piece of the eCheck-In process, “Payments”, click “Submit” to send this information to the provider’s office.
- You have now completed the eCheck-In process.
Time to start your video visit
In the minutes leading up to your video visit with your provider, press “Begin visit” to make sure you can connect.
If you are unable to connect:
- If you have open applications other than MyLVHN, it may cause your device to run slowly. Be sure to close all other unnecessary apps before entering your video visit.
- If at the time of your video visit you are unable to connect, please call the MyLVHN support center at 1-844-4MY-LVHN (1-844-469-5846) for assistance.
To start your video visit:
- Launch the MyLVHN app from your smart device and log into your account. Then tap on “Visits” – or you may see an alert for your visit on your homescreen, as shown below.
- Find your video visit appointment and click on it to open. Then click “Begin Visit.”
- Click Join via the Browser when asked to open page in VidyoConnect application
- VidyoConnect will ask permission to access your microphone. Click OK.
- Click "Join" to join the Video Visit.
- Now that you are connected, you are in a virtual waiting room. Your provider will join you soon.
- At the end of your visit, your provider will log off and the appointment is complete. Click the red phone button to end your connection.
- Log in to MyLVHN at least 5 minutes ahead of the visit.
- Do not have a video visit while driving or riding in a vehicle.
- If you are a parent or caregiver who has scheduled a visit for a loved one using proxy access, make sure the patient is available before the video visit begins. If your loved one is not available at the time of the visit, it will need to be rescheduled.
During Your Visit
- Introduce yourself and those you have in the room with you.
- If your visit gets disconnected during your appointment, you will need to follow the previous steps to re-connect to the video visit appointment.
- The provider will end the visit when it is complete.
After Your Visit
- Your After-Visit Summary will be available to you in your MyLVHN portal after your visit.
- Additional documents will also push to your portal (e.g. work/school note).
- Any necessary prescriptions will be e-prescribed to your pharmacy of choice.
- For audio/video issues, please close any open applications on your device (except for MyLVHN).
- Make sure you are using a smart device such as a cell phone or tablet with WIFI or 4G cellular connection
- 3. Update your MyLVHN app by downloading it from the App Store or Google Play
- iOS version – 9.2.6 or later
- Android version – 9.2.4 or later
- Do not use the internet browser on your smart device.
To schedule an ExpressCARE Video Visit, log onto your MyLVHN account (or create an account at MyLVHN.org).