Family Medicine Residency Application Instructions
The Family Medicine Residency at LVHN accepts eight annually into our three-year training program.
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) common application form.
- Passage of the appropriate parts of the USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 examinations. No specific score criteria, however, we prefer examinations that are passed on the first attempt but will consider up to three attempts. Osteopathic applicants are not required to have taken USMLE in addition to COMLEX.
- Graduated from medical school preferably in the last three years but will consider up to five years.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one letter from family medicine.
- Medical school transcript.
- Dean’s letter.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement.
- Applications for residency are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- Interviews are normally held October through January.
How will this year’s residency recruitment and interview season be conducted?
The safety and well-being of our applicants are of the utmost importance to us. We want to be sure that all applicants have equal opportunities during the interview season in the safest environment possible. As such, we will be conducting all interviews virtually throughout the entire 2023-2024 interview season.
What format will be used for the virtual interview days?
Our program utilizes a combination of Thalamus and Zoom for our interview days.
How will applicants be able to get a “feel” for the program without visiting in person?
We are hard at work updating everything you need to know in a virtual format. We are working on updating photos, videos and tours of our facilities for you to review as you research our residency, our health network and the Lehigh Valley. Be sure to check out our resident-run Instagram page.
Does your program offer second looks?
Yes, we will be holding second looks in January or February. Our second looks are not evaluative and do not impact ranking.