Child Protection Medicine
17th & Chew, PO Box 7017
Children's Clinic - Child Advocacy
Allentown, PA 18105-7017
|Monday - Friday:||8:00 am - 7:30 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday:||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
Our Child Protection Medicine practice provides medical exams for children when there is suspicion of abuse, failure to thrive, or other health concerns related to maltreatment. We are here for you and your child, and we will do all we can to help.
When we see your child we will:
- Listen to you about what happened to your child or why you brought your child to the hospital
- Take a complete medical history
- Do a complete physical examination
- Carefully document all of the information we are given
We may also:
- Take pictures of injuries
- Order laboratory tests and X-rays
- Consult with other specialists
Child protection Medicine is a section of our Department of Pediatrics. It includes the Child Protection Team, which provides hospital consultations, and the John Van Brakle Child Advocacy Center, a multi-disciplinary, community-based program that investigates child abuse cases.
We are members of the National Children's Advocacy Center and employ the Children's Advocacy Center model for responding to any allegation of abuse. We are requires by law to report a reasonable suspicion of child abuse or neglect to Children and Youth Services. We will tell you if we plan to make such a report. You can request a medical social worker to assist you, if needed.