When a child’s ears, nose or throat do not work properly, simple tasks like eating, hearing and breathing become more difficult. At Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital, we offer ear, nose and throat (ENT) care that’s tailored to your child’s needs.
Our otolaryngologists (ENT specialists) diagnose and treat many conditions, such as recurrent external and internal ear infections and recurrent sore throat, at multiple locations throughout the Lehigh Valley. Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital also is home to the area’s first fellowship-trained pediatric otolaryngologists, who specialize in caring for children with complex concerns and providing family-centered care.
When children eat, hear and breathe better, they can tackle the world at their full potential. We can help them get there.
Get personalized pediatric otolaryngology care at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital
When you choose Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital for your child’s ENT care, you can expect:
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital is the region’s only institutional member of the Children’s Hospital Association – a testament to our high-quality care.
Our otolaryngologists regularly treat children of all ages. Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital’s pediatric otolaryngologists have received additional fellowship training, which ensures kids with special needs get an extra special level of care.
You get access to the most effective treatments, including advanced surgical solutions for childhood deafness and sleep-disordered breathing. The pediatric surgeons at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital are trained in minimally invasive techniques, which can have children feeling like themselves sooner after surgery.
Child-focused surgery centers
When a child needs surgery, it happens in one of two child-focused facilities – Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital or our outpatient J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center. Our pediatric care teams know how to care for kids in a way that prioritizes their safety while keeping them smiling.
We deliver outstanding ENT care that’s personalized to the needs of your child and family at multiple locations throughout the Lehigh Valley.
ENT conditions we treat
Our providers diagnose and treat routine and rare disorders affecting the ears, nose, throat, head and neck, including:
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Branchial cleft cysts
- Choanal atresia
- Congenital masses and tumors in the head and neck area
- Deviated septum in children
- Ear tubes
- Environmental allergies that are not improved with medical therapy
- Foreign bodies in the ears and nose
- Foreign bodies in the esophagus and airway
- Hearing loss in children
- Nasal fractures
- Neck abscess
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Otitis media
- Preauricular pits/cysts
- Pyriform aperture stenosis
- Recurrent respiratory papillomas
- Sleep-disordered breathing
- Sinusitis in children
- Stridor (noisy breathing)
- Subglottic cysts
- Subglottic hemangiomas
- Subglottic stenosis
- Swimmer’s ear (otitis externa)
- Thyroglossal duct cysts
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Tracheal stenosis
- Vallecular cysts
- Vocal cord paralysis
Expert pediatric ear, nose and throat surgery
If other treatment methods don’t relieve your child’s symptoms, surgery could offer a solution. Our pediatric otolaryngologists specialize in the surgical treatment of complex and chronic conditions, including:
- Hearing loss: Our doctors are highly skilled in performing advanced surgeries to correct or improve certain causes of hearing loss. We use the latest implantable hearing aids for hearing restoration.
- Sinusitis: Endoscopic (less-invasive) sinus surgery may improve chronic sinus symptoms due to pediatric upper airway disorders. These refined techniques also help reduce the pain your child will feel after surgery and the chance that their symptoms will come back.
- Breathing problems: We use the latest techniques in tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and other surgeries to help your child breathe better. Our less invasive surgical techniques help your child recover faster and feel less pain.
- Neck tumors: We treat benign (noncancerous) and cancerous causes of masses that form near a child’s head or neck.