To promote patient safety, Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) may require people who have an upcoming scheduled procedure to receive COVID-19 testing.
COVID-19 testing is required for the procedures and surgeries listed below, however you may still be required to receive a COVID-19 test even if your procedure is not listed. Talk with your provider to see if COVID-19 testing is needed prior to your procedure or surgery.
- Transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE)
- Exercise tolerance testing with treadmill (not pharmacologic – only stress testing)
- Elective surgeries with an expectation of an overnight stay or hospitalization
Please note that emergent/urgent procedures will never be delayed to await COVID-19 testing results.
Pre-procedure COVID-19 testing locations
You can receive a COVID-19 test without even leaving your car. Visit our COVID-19 testing drive-thru for added convenience.
- Coordinated Health Bethlehem–3100 Emrick Blvd., 3100 Emrick Blvd., Bethlehem
LVHN and HNL Lab Medicine have established COVID-19 PCR testing locations. These locations are designated for testing asymptomatic patients. They offer tests beyond the COVID-19 swab, so you can get all your pre-procedure tests in one location. If you have any symptoms, do not visit the COVID-19 pre-procedure testing locations below. Call your provider to discuss the timing of your procedure and next steps.
- HNL Lab Medicine–Hanover Avenue, 1302 Hanover Ave., Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Hausman Road, 798 Hausman Road, Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Mountain Top, 237 S. Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top
- HNL Lab Medicine–Pottsville, 1504 Pennsylvania 61, Pottsville
- HNL Lab Medicine–West Hazleton, 8 Diana Lane, West Hazleton
- Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing–Plaza Court, 400 Plaza Court, Suite C, East Stroudsburg
- Mountain Healthcare Center at Tobyhanna, 100 Community Drive, Tobyhanna
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest, 1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Jaindl Family Pavilion, first floor, Allentown
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg, 2545 Schoenersville Road, second floor, Bethlehem
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–17th Street, 1627 W. Chew St., Allentown
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill, 700 E. Norwegian St., Pottsville
Are you experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
In addition to speaking with your provider about delaying your procedure, LVHN provides guidance on testing and care for people with COVID-19 symptoms, including virtual screenings, testing locations and tips to care for yourself or a loved one.
You also can read stories, health tips and news at LVHN.org/COVIDSTRONG.
Important information about your visit
Before visiting a pre-procedure COVID-19 testing location, please take note of the information below.
- You will need a testing order filled out by your surgeon requesting the COVID-19 test and any other tests that are required.
- We encourage you to use HNL Lab Medicine Online Check-in when you arrive to promote social distancing. To check in online:
- Visit HNL.com/Locations.
- Scroll to the listing of your testing location and click “check-in.”
- Enter your name, mobile number, reason for your visit and click “check-in.” You will receive a text message notifying you that you’ve successfully checked in.
- Wait in the comfort of your vehicle or another nearby location. You will receive a text message notifying you when your phlebotomist is ready for you.
Your COVID-19 test results
Lehigh Valley Health Network makes it convenient to view your test results. After your COVID-19 test, there’s no need to wait for a provider to call you. You can view your test results and quarantine instructions as soon as they are available on the MyLVHN patient portal. If needed, an LVHN colleague will reach out to you to discuss your results. Should you have questions about your results, please call 484-273-4368.
MyLVHN can be accessed from a computer or through the MyLVHN mobile app (available for Apple or Android devices). It allows you to schedule appointments, pay bills and review your medical information all in one place.