Our nurses stand out among the best in the nation. Four consecutive times, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has designated us a Magnet® hospital – the highest honor an organization can receive for quality nursing care – based on a rigorous application and inspection. Only 7 percent of hospitals in the nation hold this honor, and we are the only Magnet® hospital in the Lehigh Valley.
Magnet® means your care is in the hands of nurses who have earned the seal of approval for quality care. It’s the ultimate benchmark for measuring the care you expect to receive.
So what does it mean to be cared for by Magnet® nurses?
- You are in experienced, knowledgeable hands. Studies show Magnet® hospitals have high patient satisfaction, better quality outcomes and the right number of nurses to care for you.
- Your nurses are recognized among the best in the state each year by the Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania State Nurses Association.
- Patients like you rank our nursing care above the 90th percentile among similar hospitals nationwide.
- Your nurses use the latest technology. Bar codes ensure you get the right dose of the right medication at the right time. Also, electronic charting allows nurses to spend more time at your bedside.
- Your nurses continue to grow professionally. They receive funding for continuing education. They also participate in nursing study tours and medical missions, and have opportunities to learn from national health care leaders.
- Your nurses conduct research to ensure you receive the best, scientifically-proven care.
- Your nurses are recognized as experts. They give presentations at national and international conferences and author articles published in professional journals.
- Your nurses mentor the next generation of nurses through programs like a partnership with local and regional colleges in which nurses serve as adjunct professors.
- Your nurses enjoy working here. Employee surveys show they recommend Lehigh Valley Health Network to their family and friends for care.
- Your nurses are respected members of a team of doctors, pharmacists, therapists, technicians and support staff.