Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Cedar Crest, a premier regional hospital in Allentown, Pa., not only offers extraordinary care to you and your family, but cares for you like you are our family.
Our campus serves as the hub for many specialty services you or your loved ones may need, including our highly regarded cancer center, pediatric care at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital, minimally invasive and open heart services, comprehensive inpatient and outpatient burn care, and a dedicated inpatient rehabilitation center that will help you maximize your recovery.
Additionally, LVH–Cedar Crest is the home to many specialty physician practices, outpatient cancer care and the Diagnostic Care Center, where you may receive tests ranging from lab work to heart monitoring to X-ray imaging.
Highlighted services and care at LVH–Cedar Crest
- Level I Trauma Center: When you need top-level emergency care, LVH–Cedar Crest is here to provide it. As the first accredited trauma center in Pennsylvania and the largest in the region, we offer comprehensive trauma, burn and neurology emergency services, 24/7.
- Children’s ER: We offer the region’s only Children’s ER, staffed with board-certified pediatric emergency physicians, along with board-certified emergency physicians. For more serious injuries, the LVH–Cedar Crest trauma center is a certified Level II pediatric trauma center and is prepared to care for your child.
- Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital: Whether your child needs specialty or primary care, our Children’s Hospital has options for you. With over 30 pediatric specialties, including pediatric hematology oncology, pediatric neurology among many others, your child can receive the specialty care needed, while staying close to home.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center: If you or a loved one suffers a stroke, our certified Comprehensive Stroke Center offers rapid diagnosis of the type of stroke, targeted therapies – such as clot-busting medication (intravenous thrombolytic) or interventional clot retrieval – and follow-up rehabilitation, when needed. We have been recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Lehigh Valley Heart Institute: As the flagship hospital of Lehigh Valley Heart Institute, we rank among the best in Pennsylvania for heart bypass surgery, aortic valve surgery, heart failure and abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Whether you need emergency care or ongoing treatment for an existing heart condition, our team of heart specialists offers leading-edge treatments and participates in national research and clinical trials. We welcome patients seeking second opinions. Many patients turned down by other hospitals find lifesaving care from our team of experienced cardiologists and heart surgeons.
- Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute: If you or a loved one needs cancer care, we invite you to receive care at the John and Dorothy Morgan Cancer Center, part of Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute. Our nationally recognized physicians focus on providing you with the best options available. As a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance, we have access to clinical trials and treatments that may improve survival and quality of life.
- Family Birth and Newborn Center: Delivering a baby is a special event, and we want you to know you and your infant are in good hands at LVH–Cedar Crest. Our family-centered birthing unit offers amenities like sleeping accommodations for your partner, as well as comprehensive care before, during and after delivery. LVH–Cedar Crest also has the region’s highest level neonatal intensive care unit (Level IV NICU), staffed by neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners, in addition to registered nurses who have specialized education to care for newborns with complex needs.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Center: At our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, we provide a place where people who have suffered an illness or injury may find an opportunity to rebuild their lives. We deliver 24-hour care for people who are recovering from stroke, orthopedic injury, fractures, neurological disease, post-surgical condition, burns, amputation, spinal cord injury, or another illness or injury requiring inpatient rehabilitation. LVHN offers a comprehensive program to help patients regain function and return to the highest level of independence.
- Outstanding nurse professionals: Our nurses are among the best in the profession, reflected by the repeat attainment of Magnet® designation at our Lehigh Valley-based hospitals since 2002. Your care is in the hands of people who are dedicated to you, with many having earned advanced specialty certifications and educational degrees.
LVH–Cedar Crest offers a wide range of care for you at our hospital campus located just off of I-78 in Salisbury Township (Allentown, Pa.). Additional services at LVH–Cedar Crest include weight-loss (bariatric) surgery, a recognized kidney and pancreas transplant program, imaging and diagnostic testing services, 3D mammography, on-site cancer treatments (chemotherapy and radiation therapy), and many more services that will help you get well or stay well.