Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) offers a three-year ACGME-accredited Cardiovascular Disease fellowship at one of Pennsylvania’s largest teaching hospitals. Our goal is to continue to develop and prepare our fellows for a successful career in clinical cardiology or advanced fellowship.
The program provides outstanding opportunities for clinical education and research highlighted by enthusiastic mentorship from more than 37 full-time cardiology faculty members.
LVHN’s Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship:
- Emphasizes comprehensive clinical training and academic opportunities in a high-volume, quaternary care center, one of the largest in PA.
- Includes comprehensive didactics from dedicated faculty and monthly Grand Rounds from internationally renowned experts.
- Prepares fellows for success on board exams, with an exhaustively complete conference schedule and extensive online learning resources. The 5-year rolling pass rate for the ABIM Cardiovascular Disease Board Certification Exam is 100%.
- Provides ample elective time during the third year of fellowship to create individual educational experiences based on a fellow’s career trajectory.
- Promotes collegiality and camaraderie amongst attendings, fellows, residents, and staff.
- Offers competitive salary and generous benefits in a great location
LVHN is a major clinical campus of the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine through the SELECT program. This affiliation strengthens our medical education. Third- and fourth-year SELECT students are permanently assigned to LVHN. Each year, the hospital provides elective and required rotations in more than 20 subspecialties for medical students preparing for their postgraduate training.
As one of the largest health networks in Pennsylvania, LVHN meets the medical needs of the population of the Lehigh Valley, eastern Pennsylvania, and western New Jersey. Our health care professionals serve patients with a wide spectrum of illness, while emphasizing preventive care. This spectrum of medical complexity promotes the ideal clinical environment for the education of medical students and physicians-in-training. As a large quaternary care center with a community-focused mission, our trainees receive the best of both worlds to help formulate their future career goals. In many ways, our hospital merges the resources and benefits of both community hospitals and large academic medical centers.
The challenging nature of LVHN's medical education programs is supported by a progressive department of medicine and a dedicated faculty of teaching physicians. These doctors, whose efforts focus primarily on patient care and post-graduate training, are also active in clinical research.
Modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment underscore the hospital's priority of offering the best environment in which to learn, work and provide medical care. LVHN’s national reputation and recognition for quality and patient safety makes it ideal for medical education.