Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Curriculum
Curriculum didactics include topics such as cesarean hysterectomy, cervical cerclage, antepartum fetal assessment, routine and targeted maternal and fetal imaging using ultrasonography, pregnancy termination, invasive fetal diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, external cephalic version, intrapartum management of multiple gestations (including external or internal version of second twin), non-vertex vaginal delivery, operative vaginal delivery, physiology and pathophysiology of diseases occurring in pregnancy, normal and abnormal newborn physiology, genetics (including prenatal screening and diagnosis), obstetric critical care and infectious diseases as they relate to pregnancy.
- Perinatal unit: inpatient rotation in the antepartum unit at LVH–Cedar Crest
- Labor and delivery: inpatient rotation in the labor and delivery suite at LVH–Cedar Crest
- Ultrasound rotation: outpatient rotation mastering ultrasound performance and interpretation
- Outpatient MFM rotation: outpatient rotation performing perinatal consultations for maternal medical conditions and/or fetal conditions
- Intensive care unit
- Electives: tailored to suit fellow’s interests. Examples include neonatology, OB anesthesia, surgical ICU, surgical termination, reproductive infectious disease, quality and lactation.