Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Curriculum
The one-year fellowship includes:
- Five months of inpatient palliative medicine experience
- Three months on the inpatient hospice unit
- One month on the hematology/oncology service
- Two weeks on pediatrics
- Continuity experiences:
- One month on long-term care
- 12 months with hospice patients
- 12 months with home-based palliative care patients
In addition, fellows benefit from a simulation lab where we use role play to refine communication skills. We also meet with our fellows every six weeks to review progress.
Didactic sessions occur weekly and are given by multidisciplinary subject matter experts. Monthly journal club and Schwartz Rounds are also offered.