Optimizing Advanced Complex Illness Support (OACIS) is Lehigh Valley Health Network’s home-based consult service.
Our team of certified registered nurse practitioners (CRNPs), social workers, nurses and support professionals provides palliative care in your home. Services are available within an identified geographic region to individuals living with serious illness and can be provided in the patient’s home or assisted living facility. In-person/face-to-face and video or phone visits are available.
Phone access to an office-based nurse is available to patients, family members, physicians and community agencies for information and assistance.
OACIS can help:
- Gain an understanding of the patient’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- Provide education about your illness and treatment options
- Manage difficult symptoms
- Collaborate with the patient’s primary care physician and other specialists on the care team
- Foster communication so that all members of the care team and family are working together
- Advance care planning
- Guide goals of care discussions to support patient wishes
- Offer psychosocial support
What you can expect
The OACIS team will work to develop a plan of care that promotes quality of life and works to ease the suffering involved with serious illness.
If you believe you, or your family member, would benefit from palliative care, please speak to your provider for a referral. We will collaborate with your other specialists and primary care provider to offer comprehensive care.
If you are hospitalized, your medical team may consult our OACIS/Palliative Medicine Inpatient Consult Service, which will be there to support you and your family during your hospital stay.
Administrative office is at
3435 Winchester Road, Suite 200
Allentown, PA 18104
Phone: 610-402-0100, option 2